TechSpot

Google apologizes for Nexus 4 delays, blames LG for erratic and scarce supply

By Jos
Dec 17, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Google's latest Nexus 4 smartphone is a great deal for anyone looking to buy an unsubsidized phone upfront. It's only $300 for 8GB or $350 for the 16GB model, as opposed to $600 or more for today's high-end phones if...

Read more

2. JulesK

JulesK TS Rookie

FLASH News: In order to resolve the Nexus 4 outages, Google will start shipping; the new phones running WP8... xD

3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,155   +737

I was watching ESPN today and I'm always impressed at how teammates never throw each other under the bus, you'll very rarely hear a player say the coach should be fired, or that their team needs a new kicker.

Not so with Google I guess... only took Dan till the 2nd sentence to throw the blame over the wall. Here's some advice Dan... if it says 'Google' on the device, then Google has to answer for it, even if it isn't their fault.

4. BallBuster

BallBuster TS Rookie

And what about the Nexus 10 shortage? It's also LG's fault?

5. Poor choice of analogy. Binding contracts are not the same level in sports as in the business world, especially between both big corporations.

6. misor

misor TS Maniac Posts: 1,025   +154

I think it's just a marketing strategy, done already by bestbuy.

google will late ship all orders with upgraded 32/64 gb internal storage.

a business does not take orders unless the products are on the store shelves or in the warehouses.

7. Chazz

Chazz TS Enthusiast Posts: 635   +60

Character has nothing to do with contracts. It seems to me he was speaking about character. If there is a contractual disagreement then they should take it up with LG. Bashing a competitor is one thing, but taking it to your "partner" is pretty lame.

8. The problem is that LG didn't want to cannibalize their holiday sales. They're not happy with the price point Google is selling those phones for. Most of the carriers are charging $500+ for phones like this. Watch, after the holiday shopping season is over, the logjam will break and millions will be available.

9. bexwhitt

bexwhitt TS Enthusiast Posts: 166   +23

LG had the first stab at this weeks ago.
    Google under ordered the phone simple as that.
    To expect them to manufacture 10 million phones+ very quickly to make up for Googles low expectations for the phone are unrealistic

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.