TechSpot

Google archives Japan tsunami damage through Street View

By Shawn Knight
Dec 13, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Google has made good on an initiative announced earlier this year to archive areas of Northeastern Japan that were affected by the earthquake and resulting tsunami in March. 360-degree imagery…

Read the whole story

2. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,499   +307

wow, I have seen alot of pictures but this shows the extent of the damage, it litterally flattened the area to nothing, I wish I had all the money in the world to help these guys out, I love the japanese yet I've never visited it :( one day I will, one day...

3. bugejakurt

bugejakurt TS Booster Posts: 135

Can anyone post the Latitude and Longitude of a place with tsunami effects? Thanks.

4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,349   +398

I wonder how many Google map vehicles are driving around the world mapping everything? I've seen one or two drive by, but they must number in the thousands if not the tens of thousands. How do you get a job driving a Google map vehicle? What does it pay? Who gets to do the cool sites like downtown Paris and who is stuck doing the plains of North Dakota?

Someone (*cough cough - TECHSPOT - cough cough*) should do an article on what's involved in putting together the ground view of Google Maps. ;)

5. No accounting for taste hey. I prefer North Dakota to a big city any day.

6. Japan should be putting the money the world donated to fixing the infrastructure and not spending upwards of 50 million of it on security for the whale hunting expedition. Very poor show Japan :(

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.