TechSpot

Google backpedals: offers Google Videos to YouTube transfer option

By Emil
Apr 23, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. After hearing from users that the migration off of Google Videos was unnecessarily difficult, Google has decided to eliminate the April 29, 2011 deadline. Google Videos users can rest assured that they won't be losing any of their content as the company begins to shut down the service.

Read the whole story
  2. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

Great... My vids went from 100K+ views back to zero. There are some facebook groups trying to sue over this. They consider it on par with burning down a public library. It is pretty f'd up of Google to make such a move in the first place.
  3. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,041   +72

Why would people want them to run two similar services?

I think, Google realised where they went wrong, listened to what people were saying, and offered them a much fairer way forward, i.e. ability to move/keep their videos.
  4. yRaz

yRaz TechSpot Booster Posts: 890   +91

OH NOES, FACEBOOK GROUPS? what ever will we do...How can you even make that comparison? Your comment has literally confused me.

Seriously, what's the big deal? I'm sure A LOT more people use youtube rather than google videos. You should get your views back fairly quickly if your content is worth the time people are going to waste on it. It's more like they are moving the library to one that people use more. And the books that no one likes/reads are going to get burned in the fire.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.