TechSpot

Google Chrome for iPhone and iPad hands-on

By Julio Franco
Jun 29, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Google made some waves today when it announced that the Chrome Browser was coming to the Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. The new Chrome Browser for iOS is very similar to the version available for Android 4.0 ICS devices,…

Read more
  2. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

I was using Skyfire browser to get full desktop versions of webpages, but this has just eliminated the need for it.

All my desktop open tabs, passwords, autofill, bookmarks, etc are synced with my iphone now. It's a happy day. Minus Obamacare passing.
  3. Why did Google release Chrome for iOS when Apple is never gonna release Safari for Android.
  4. thetimchannel

thetimchannel Newcomer, in training

Not being able to set it as default browser limits the appeal to me. That isn't Chrome's fault of course, but then again, I am not that unhappy with the browser on my Iphone. Enjoy.
  5. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Download Browser Changer from Cydia ;)
  6. Cydia etc are fun for a while, but every update, to redo it, and some of the functionality being messed up and all gets old very quickly.
  7. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I'm guessing that there are far more Windows users who use iOS than Mac users who use Android.
  8. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,896   +354

dont know why you have this problem...I never do
    well, updating and stuff, but never any functionality problems
  9. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,041   +72

With this Chrome's release on iOS Google is trying to stay relevant on the platform by offering a way to access its services, nothing more, and I am guessing here, but I think it also gives an hint to what to expect from chrome on Win8 tabs ........ slower than the stock browser.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.