TechSpot

Google Chrome OS coming next week?

By Jos
Nov 13, 2009
  1. Google's much-anticipated operating system, Chrome OS, will be available for download next week. That is at least according to a "reliable source" cited by TechCrunch, who claims we can expect official driver support only for a small set of devices in this early version.

Read the whole story

2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,354   +109

This is something I really want to test drive, from a long time I'm looking for that definite distro for netbooks, and this might be it, dual booting this one and W7 might be a good start.

Says it will have little driver support, I hope most wifi's adaptors fit into this "little" support.

3. If Google's new OS is as good as their awesome Chrome browser, I'll definitely buy a netbook just to try it out.

When Chrome debuted over a year ago, I never intended to do anything but try it out, as I do most new software. Little did I know that from that day on (and to my great surprise) I would for the most part, abandon Firefox for good.

I can only imagine that Google's stupid-fast browser will be faster and snappier yet (if that's even possible) when run in their new OS

Next year is going to be an exciting one for sure!

4. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Guru Posts: 687   +47

Wow, that seems almost to fast...I hope its good and not a rushed OS, *caugh* vista *caugh* They could really make into something that alot people use and not linux small user base.

5. freedomthinker

freedomthinker TS Enthusiast Posts: 140

Google was always reliable , so im really excited about this new OS ! This could be a new start for netbooks !

6. I am not sure I understand the driver problem... isn't it linux inside???

7. cant wait to download and test it

8. njel

njel TS Rookie Posts: 24

I really hope it is going to be a good OS.
    Google is surely a company who can force Microsoft to completely rewrite their OS and create a new generation OS. Not simply an evolution.
    The IT world need some revolution. Even if a lot a people think that it would not be fair to be incompatible with the past it is maybe the only way to get rid of all those bugs and limitations.

9. T77

T77 TS Enthusiast Posts: 315

at least they wont charge ridiculous prices like how Microsoft does for its OS(really not worth it)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.