Google eBookstore launches with more than 3 million titles

By Emil
Dec 6, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. As expected, Google has launched a digital store called Google eBookstore that will provide Google eBooks in the US. The search giant is claiming it has the largest collection of ebooks in the world: more than 3 million titles, hundreds of thousands of which are available for sale. The company has partnered with independent booksellers that will sell Google eBooks: Powell's, Alibris, an...

Read the whole story
  2. fastvince

fastvince Newcomer, in training Posts: 52

Finally..the death of the paperback book!! I think people will still want hard backed books to keep in their personal libraries at home.
  3. topcoach

topcoach Newcomer, in training Posts: 43

When the article said you could read eBooks in the cloud, did it mean you can't download the book and read it offline? It would be very limiting if you always have to be connected to wifi to read a book, and your batteries would wear down fast.
  4. matrix86

matrix86 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 795   +8

That raises a good question. But I think you could save it to a phisical location, and also save it in the cloud. Because last time I checked, there's no internet connection at the beach...or the park. Now maybe if you had a 3g/4g enabled reader you could access it...I guess, lol.

Would this work on ANY eReader, though? Like the Kindle (tied to Amazon) or the Nook (tied to B&N)?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.