Google extends free local calls via Gmail through 2012

By Jos
Dec 14, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Google has announced it is extending its free Gmail calling deal for another year, allowing desktop users to make calls to any domestic number within the United States or Canada…

Read the whole story
  2. tehbanz

tehbanz TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 183   +10

awesome, i use this feature like everyday, i hate using my cellphone unless its a quick 5 minute call, anything longer than that it's my comfy PC headset :) kudos google!
  3. heshomike

heshomike Newcomer, in training

Even if you are outside U.S. you can call for free to the U.S. and Canada. Just create an account from within the U.S. then it can be used anywhere in the world.
  4. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 938   +82

Is this also in Google Voice? Because it has the same set of restrictions, and works great for free calls between the US and Canada. But Google Voice works from my Cell Phone, and with Sprint, it integrates seamlessly into your phone. I also use this every day to call my friends, and it's a great service that Google is offering for free. I don't know what the service providers don't pick up on this and start offering free North America phone calls.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.