TechSpot

Google Giving donates 15,000 Raspberry Pi computers to children

By Shawn Knight
Jan 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Google is helping to find the next generation of computer scientists by helping to donate 15,000 Raspberry Pi computers to various school-aged children across the U.K. Google’s Eric Schmidt and Raspberry Pi co-founder Eben Upton visited a school in Cambridge...

Read more

2. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 958   +23

Why don't they donate one to me, or someone in the us?

3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,055   +970

They want to get children addicted to Google during their most formative years.

Wouldn't it be "cute", if they put them in plastic baggies, then gave them out in schoolyards....."C'mere kid, I want you to try something said the Google man, who was shading his mouth with one hand, so that no one else could hear....:eek:

If I had my way, anything Google wouldn't be permitted within a 1000 feet of a school. Since this is happening in Britain, that's about 320 meters, give or take.;)

4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,978   +390

Im a child! I swear!

5. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,055   +970

Proving once again boys and girls, early exposure leads to a lifetime of addiction, shame, and dependence...... :eek:

ikesmasher likes this.
  6. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

What a waste! give me one so I can debug my algorithms at low cost!

7. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,537   +330

Man I wish I went to a Cambridge school and university , they always get on the news :(

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.