TechSpot

Google has reduced hacked Gmail accounts by 99.7 percent since 2011

By Shawn Knight
Feb 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. E-mail spam is practically a way of life in this day and age but that doesn’t mean we have to accept the way things are. That especially holds true for Google as the company recently outlined some measures they have...

Read more

2. Nima304

Nima304 TS Enthusiast Posts: 304   +37

That statistic is very impressive if true. Having hacked email accounts in the past (using keyloggers), I can say that 80% of the time, a hacker wouldn't know the answers to security questions or know their victim's phone number, unless they'd done prior research on their target. I'm considering switching to Gmail more and more these days.

3. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

LASTPASS, PEOPLE!

Why you no listen to me...

4. I didn't care for LASTPASS. Thought it was buggy. Started using Firefox sync and have been pretty happy with that.

5. That's odd considering that LastPass with Firefox is the most stable and least buggy of all browsers integrated with this extension. I used Firefox Sync, which is decent, but switched over to LastPass simply because Firefox Sync app doesn't exist on iPhone. Not to mention LastPass is truly universal and can be accessed from all browsers whereas Firefox Sync can only be accessed from Firefox.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.