Google keeps redirecting, virus scans are clean

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_newbie

HI

like many other people, my google keeps redirecting to random websites. i know it definitely happens in firefox, not sure about IE.
ive done scans in normal and safe mode using SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes and both return no results.

Can anyone help? Heres my HTJ log.

Welcome to TechSpot, Mr. Newbie. I'll help with the malware. But you're going to need to start over.

First, I'd like to see the logs from Malwarebytes and Superantispyware. Please run them again, following the order in out steps. Then I'd like you to remove the HijackThis information you have and scan with the correct version. You have used a Beta version. Beta versions of any program are issued to continue getting bug out.

You will find all of the links HERE. When you have finished, please attach the 3 logs in your next reply.

This may seem like an unorthodox approach, and I might get a little fire for this, being new to the forums myself...but I suggest if all else fails...

Go into the Recovery Console and type DIR C:\ (or whatever letters your drive(s) use) and locate all files and folders that have been modified recently.

To look inside a folder that has a space in it's name, use quotation marks...

for Example "C:\"Documents and Settings\Administrator"

When you find files that have been modified recently, write down their names and then do a search for them on another computer. More often than not, there will be plenty of documentation on the files, and you can determine whether or not they are safe/necessary/malicious.

You may also need to enable the SET command to have access to certain folders, but be aware that enabling this can put your computer and files at risk if other people regularly have physical access to it (so it is recommended that you disable it again when you are finished).

Oh, and check out the LISTSVC command as well, in the Recovery Console, and take a look at any services that are enabled. Any of them that don't have a description line underneath them are probably worth checking out. If you see any named PDRELI, PDRFRAME, TDPIPE, or TDTCP, those are bad. (I had the google redirect issues as well).

so whats the situation bobbye? are the scans clean?
my google in the status keeps saying jsfeed.net, not sure if thats normal. the one site it keeps redirecting to is hochu-spat.com

should i just run combofix?

The situation is that I just got home ad haven't been able to get back to you yet.

I have noticed that there is no antivirus program running
Good security demands, in part, that you have an up-to-date antivirus program. This protects the system against viruses, Worms and some Trojans. Without this protection, the system is more vulnerable to attacks. Since you do not have an antivirus program, please consider installing one of the following programs- Note: You should have only one antivirus program.
Both of the following programs are free and known to be good:
Avira Free
Avast Home

Please reboot the system after the installation is complete.

Once the programs is installed, you should check for updates immediately and then run a full system scan. This will help to make sure the program is configured and working properly and alert you to any viruses that might be on the system as a result of not having a functional AV.

And no- do not run Combofix unless I instruct you to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back