Google launches Last Call for Google I/O contest

Emil

Staff

Starting next week, Google will kick off a 10-day contest titled "Last Call for Google I/O." Each day will have a new developer challenge with 10 chances to win tickets to attend the now-sold-out Google I/O 2011.

Google will announce a new 24-hour challenge on the contest site (dates outlined below) at either 9:00AM PDT or 4:00PM PDT. Here's the products developers need to target:

• March 16 - Android, 9:00 am
  • March 17 - Chrome, 9:00 am
  • March 18 - App Engine, 9:00 am
  • March 21 - YouTube APIs, 9:00 am
  • March 22 - Game Developers, 9:00 am
  • March 23 - Google Maps / Geo, 4:00 pm
  • March 24 - Commerce, 9:00 am
  • March 25 - Developer Tools / GWT, 9:00 am
  • March 28 - Accessibility, 4:00 pm
  • March 29 - Google Apps / Enterprise, 4:00 pm

Each of the challenges has two rounds: the first half-hour requires that you complete a series of questions for Round I, which will qualify you for the main coding challenge in Round II. You will have a little over 20 hours to complete Round II.

Last month, Google announced the Google I/O 2011 conference and it promptly sold out in 59 minutes. Apparently the search giant has managed to find room for 100 more attendees.

"We want to make sure that we provide the opportunity to attend Google I/O to as many developers as possible and hope you’re feeling up to the task," a Google spokesperson said in a statement. "The contest is valid in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia with winners being announced on April 4. And don't forget that we will be livestreaming the keynotes and taping sessions during Google I/O. Stay tuned!"

Permalink to story.

Back