TechSpot

Google launches store for third-party Web apps

By Matthew
Mar 10, 2010
  1. Google has launched a new online store where third-party developers can sell Web apps to Google Apps users. The Google Apps Marketplace offers Web applications that can be integrated into Google Calendar, Google Docs, Gmail, and other services available in the search company's cloud-based productivity suite.

Read the whole story

2. Kovach

Kovach TS Rookie Posts: 44

They are making business again and again...infinite loop.

3. thatguyandrew92

thatguyandrew92 TS Rookie Posts: 118

But can App developers buy Apps from other App developers to help the App developers develop better apps?

4. Yoda8232

Yoda8232 TS Rookie Posts: 145

Thus the beginning for the best competitor against the App Store? Android anyone!!!

5. rskapadia2294

rskapadia2294 TS Rookie Posts: 102

the people at google mean business and nothing else! google is the best!
    and with this move i think they are directly competing with the apple app store! and thus trying to increase the sales of their android phones! but people also get benefited since they get a variety of apps! YIPPE! wait for the coolest APPS!

6. jasonk1229

jasonk1229 TS Rookie Posts: 58

Google is diversifying once again, they are a company that will be around for 200 years because they simply continue to evolve!

7. levar

levar TS Rookie Posts: 232

I wonder if this also includes mobile apps?

8. nayelir

nayelir TS Rookie

Apps are just spreading into everywhere. Apple is big on them, Facebook is all about Apps. Google will end up being as big as Microsoft. I wonder if they were ever going to merge. I think Microsoft tried to buy them but not sure if the deal went through, maybe not.

9. levar

levar TS Rookie Posts: 232

heh... Google will probably bypass M$ sooner or later and I doubt they're gonna merge what would happen to bing? what would happen to Google? "Search" pretty sure M$ would want to change/add some stuff but no I can't even think about that plus Microsoft is in sooo much trouble right now. I highly doubt that, Google wanted to buy out Yahoo at one time though don't remember that date but I know it was a while back 2-3 years.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.