Google launches YouTube Copyright School for copyright offenders

By Emil
Apr 14, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Google has launched a new education push to ensure that its YouTube users understand copyright law. The company has released a new tutorial on copyright, a redesigned copyright help center, and tweaked its rules for copyright offenders.

Read the whole story
  2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,195   +69

Hahaha I loved the video
  3. Cota

Cota TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

DAM IT! they still dont get it!
  4. DokkRokken

DokkRokken Newcomer, in training Posts: 275

What's to get? Distributing copyrighted material without permission is illegal... YouTube is only explaining that fact. If it's because you think posting copyrighted material online helps an artist by proliferating their work, or that the people watching it would not have paid for it in the first place, that's not YouTube's problem. They're just the middleman.

In fact, I'd say YouTube actually 'gets' it, because they're willing to give a person a couple chances before they take an account down, as well as giving a pretty clear explanation of what is right and wrong.
  5. dont...... do....... anything............
  6. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 616

Bwahaha! Epic video.

But didn't the pirate actually get more than 3 copyright claims?
  7. matrix86

matrix86 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 800   +8

...wow. That was the cleanest Happy Tree Friends i've ever seen, lol. I know they had to keep it clean for obvious reasons, but still...it's so weird to see Happy Tree Friends without blood and body parts shooting all over the place, lol.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.