TechSpot

Google: Libya has cut off the Internet completely

By Emil
Mar 4, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Libya has followed in the footsteps of Tunisia and Egypt. If you've been following the events in the Middle East, you'll realize that this means shutting down the Internet in the hope that it will stop protests against the government.

Read the whole story

2. emzdhr

emzdhr TS Rookie

I was really surprised that they didn't do such so from the start..
    I thought, "hey.. maybe they can't, cause they don't have the control of it"
    but it seems that I was wrong..
    Gaddafi will not surrender easily, so may Allah be with you Libyans..
    Al-Gaddafi sawof yandam nadam kabeeeer jeddan..

3. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Evangelist Posts: 738   +247

The Internet's cut and now the slaughters will commence.

4. WildEast

WildEast TS Rookie

Wow, everything keeps repeating as if you are watching the same movie many times. Same steps/speeches across all 3 countries, I guess that means Gaddafi's end is close :) .

5. TrekExpert

TrekExpert TS Enthusiast Posts: 104

You would think that the leaders would realize this strategy didn't work well for the other two countries so why should it work for them.

6. w3b0n

w3b0n TS Rookie Posts: 38

May the goodness protect as many as it can. Just to think on being on someone shoe's from there makes me realize that im a lucky bastard.

I summon all ideologies, beliefs, super powers and the even the Jedi Force to really stop the wars. Thats just diplomatic bullcrap and selfish behaviors. PLEASE STOP THE HATE

7. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Evangelist Posts: 738   +247

Not gonna happen. The west has too much money invested in Gaddafi and his regime to help the protesters and not enough balls to look like the bad guy and protect its investment. The internet has been cut to stop the rest of the world from seeing the brutality that's expected to commence and nobody's going to get involved.

8. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TS Enthusiast Posts: 544

They have always had a rough time under Mr. Gaddafi's regime, it seems. And now it appears as if someone in Libya has put up a cascade so that no-one can see what they're really up to.

Guess it'll be back to paper and pencil for the protesters, then.

9. Wonder if Ananymous will come in and kick him in the face like they did with Egypt.
    I wish the protestors good luck!

10. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 3,797   +116

It took all of two mins before people could use the internet in Egypt thanks to some big internet players - I wonder if it will be the case again..