Google links redirect unable to open anti malware software

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman3000

Hi I have been struggling to get rid of this problem for a couple of days every time I turn on my computer I am met with something saying google installer has encountered and error and then using the internet all google links and some other web links redirect me to a completely unrelated web site opening a new tab at the same time.

I managed to run AVG but malwarebytes and super anti spyware won't open, I tried reinstalling to no avail.

AVG found several thing: 1) net.net trojan horse clicker.AAPC

and then on a sunsequent safe mode scan: 2) prun.tmp
3) maccsnet.tmp
4) rasenet.tmp
5) xpre.tmp

one of these was specified a trojan downloader, I have managed to run a ccleaner but as of yet these step have had no effect on the problem.

I received help with a win heur problem from blind dragon a few weeks back and he managed to solve the problem so I was hoping someone could do this same in the instance

Thankyou in advance I enclose my hijack this log

Turn off "System Restore" by going to Control Panel, System, Advanced, System Protection. Uncheck any checked boxes and attempt the 8-steps again, starting at number 1

hi thanks for the quick reply in system > advanced I have performance, user profiles and start up and recovery. I found system restore under a system restore tab and it is already turned off I supose from the last time I asked you guys for help are there any other check boxes I should check/uncheck. If not then should I try the 8 steps again or assume the result shall be the same?

You are a bit behind with your Windows Updates, but lets get you clean before doing any updating. It is good that your System Restore was turned off. You can turn it back on after you are clean. Your hijack log almost dictates that you need to do a clean install of XP and running Windows Update in "custom" mode, applying the 60 some critical updates plus XP SP3 and IE8

I am a little unsure how to proceed my Dell computer came with XP installed and no disc included. I have once some time ago reinstalled XP using a friends copy but I do not have one to hand that I could so a clean install with. I run a separate hard drive with ubuntu so I won't be completely lost if you suggest that this hard drive is a lost cause. I do have some important documents here though and I would appreciate any advise on how much of my computer and home network is infected as well as the USB pen drives I use frequently.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back