Google now lets you block websites from search results

By Emil
Mar 10, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Google now lets you block websites you don't want to see, directly from its search results. A list of your blocked sites is available under Search Settings or under the "Manage blocked sites" link that appears when you block a domain. On said settings page you can find details about the sites you've blocked, block new sites, or unblock sites if you've changed your mind.

Read the whole story
  2. dedparrot

dedparrot Newcomer, in training Posts: 67

block google
  3. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

There has been an extension for Chrome that does this for awhile now. I'm VERY glad to see it opened up to other non-Chrome users.

I assume Google will take this data into consideration when trying to sort the crap from good content.
  4. Lurker101

Lurker101 TechSpot Addict Posts: 619   +118

This has been around for a few weeks now and I didn't know if anybody had noticed. It is a fantastic little function that helps you get rid of all the crapware from searches.
  5. ansh1993

ansh1993 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 107

Good news ! A good way to block Spam .
  6. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 Newcomer, in training Posts: 489

Google's crap filter. nice one :)
  7. Hmmm. I've been checking for this feature on Google for several days now, and it's just not there. I've not seen "hide nor hair" of it in search settings or anywhere else in Google Search. - My best guess is that Google is rolling this feature out in some areas now and in other areas later. I know I don't have it available to me in Madison, MS yet.
  8. T77

T77 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 315

Has anyone at google ever heard of a browser named Opera? I guess they are just simply ignorant.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.