Google now the most valuable brand, jumping above Apple

By Scorpus
May 21, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Research company Millward Brown has released their annual report detailing the most valuable brands globally, and according to their findings for 2014, Google has jumped up into first place. Compared to their ranking in 2013, Google has increased their brand...

Read more
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,339   +1,938

I wonder how important these rankings really are...
  3. Reading the listings for both companies in their stocks, I see that Apple's shares are still a fair 70 dollars ahead of Google's. Also, Apple's market cap is at 519.6 billion as I type this, where Google's is at 360.4 billion. I think it's safe to say this blog has a clear bias in tech companies. And the Apple stocks are going to shoot up after the announcement of the iPod 6, iPad Pro, and iPhone 6 this year. It's inevitable.

Now cue the angry Android hivemind that will argue with me.
  4. Or you could try reading the article.
  5. ddg4005

ddg4005 TS Guru Posts: 361   +49

I get the feeling these rankings don't mean much. At one time Enron was a highly valued brand and we what happened there.
  6. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Yeah I wonder also.
  7. Stock prices has nothing to do with Branding. Both companies split their stocks in recent months. And also Apple stock will shoot up? I've heard it many times over and check out AAPL stock history after the release of the so called 'innovative' iPhone 5.

Laughable argument.