TechSpot

Google officially introduces Android 2.3 and Nexus S

By Emil
Dec 6, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Google has officially introduced the next major release of its mobile operating system: Android 2.3 (codenamed Gingerbread). At the same time, the search giant has unveiled the next Android device from the Nexus line of mobile products: the Nexus S. Finally, the company has released updated tools for the new Android plat...

Read the whole story

2. Any information on what older models will be able to run it?

3. ElShotte

ElShotte TS Enthusiast Posts: 166

That's exactly what I was going to ask, does anyone know when it will be available for download to upgrade current phones running Android 2.2 (Froyo)?

4. I pretty much know my Hero and I are going to be SOL on this one.

5. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

Froyo was a pretty decent update, theres nothing really about the Nexus that makes me say wow i want that phone. I do hope that Google better coordinates the release of 2.3, it was months before the SGS got froyo.

I'm more interested in the Samsung Galaxy S2, if the specs are right about that phone then wow, it definitely has the potential to be the ultimate iphone competitor.

6. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

You had me at 4'' Super AMOLED Contour display. :)

I'm so getting this phone.

7. 2.3 sounds good (although too much gaming **** tweaks), but phone is just a plain Galaxy S which I've been using for past 4 month now. With release of Galaxy S2 (maybe 1st quarter of 2011) NS will be history.....

8. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,078   +76

Any word on pricing yet?

9. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

The galaxy S has had that for months if I'm correct....

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.