Google posts Windows Phone app, adds Instant to mobile site

By Emil
Nov 9, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Google has released its first Windows Phone 7 app: Google Search. The application currently allows you to search in four sections: web, images, local, and news. It also features auto-suggestions (but not Google Instant) and uses your current location to provide more relevant results.

Read the whole story
  2. Xero07

Xero07 Newcomer, in training Posts: 92

Good app for it to have
  3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,364   +260

Good, I don't Like Bing, so I would be swayed more to get a different phone other than a Phone 7 if it was locked to Bing.
  4. Demons

Demons Newcomer, in training Posts: 52

Pretty cool feature from google. It always amazes me how much google has been able to integrate into the web browser you already use on your mobile device. Don't have a windows phone though... last time I had a windows smart phone, I hated it! :(
  5. thedrelle

thedrelle Newcomer, in training Posts: 34

Nice to see that Google isn't Ignoring the windows 7 mobile market.
  6. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 430   +8

Cool but not if it's an app. I thought BING for the iPhone was very nicely done but I never used it because it was an app. If it's not integrated, I'm not going to take the time to open it up just to use it.
  7. thedrelle

thedrelle Newcomer, in training Posts: 34

I'm pretty certain Microsoft is not going to allow a integrated Google search bar on their phones.
  8. customcarvin

customcarvin TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 102   +7

Too bad Google cant completely replace everything Bing on the device, I would consider getting a Windows phone if they could... I don't like Bing very much at all.
  9. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,988   +66

Not a bad move at all.

MS didn't do anything wrong when they integrated bing in their product, because that is exactly what google did with android. By the way we do remember how Google got this big right?

As an alternative Bing is just as good as goolge.
  10. Decimae

Decimae Newcomer, in training Posts: 79

11. customcarvin

customcarvin TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 102   +7

In the words of Martin Lawrence, "You so crazy"

I also found it funny how you capitalized "Bing", but didn't do the same with "goolge", or spell it right for that mater. Was this mere coincidence, or intentional? ...Do you work for Microsoft? :suspiciou
  12. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Booster Posts: 991   +82

I don't like bing at all (except maybe the maps which are a bit better than google's). They also need to port the preview feature that they are working on at the moment (although the small screen is a bit of a drawback).

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.