Google quietly releasing Android 4.2.2, blocks Nexus 4 LTE tweak

By Shawn Knight
Feb 14, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Google has yet to officially announce the arrival of Android 4.2.2 but that doesn’t mean it isn’t already being made available. Reports are coming in that the revised version of Android is now available as an over-the-air update for Nexus...

Read more
  2. killeriii

killeriii TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 213   +14

I just got 4.1.2 update a week ago. Included more multitasking options.(split window view and such)
    Seems like it was a better update than this next one will be.
  3. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,534   +92

I think the split window thing is a Samsung or other manufacturer addon rather than part of stock android. Installed the 4.2.2 last night. Also includes a Google Now home screen and lock screen widget. Not a very exciting update but the wifi and bluetooth setting change means I can dump the power tool widget for toggling them off one of my home screens.
  4. Exzrael

Exzrael Newcomer, in training

I noticed that my Nexus 7 3G got a lot better connectivity with four or five pins where I had only two or three the day before. Great news for us with 3G-support!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.