Google redirect/8 steps complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI all,

Great forum here with good info and help. My machine has evidently been infected with what I believe is the nasty googe redirect virus, and I'm having a heck of a time trying to get rid of it. I run some of the anti-whatever programs, and at first it appears google and other search engines start working normally, but it seems to be just a matter of time before I start getting redirected to ad sites from the search results again. I completed the steps in the removal topic, and have attached the logs. Any help would be appreciated!

PS As I write this, my computer is all of a sudden refusing to allow me to open up programs (HJT to look for the log, task manager, etc).

Here is the HJT log. I had to restart in safe mode, for some reason my computer won't let me open any programs, and explorer appeared to freeze. It's as if Windows freezes or something.

Windows is running somewhat normally again. Also updated to the new IE version 8. However I am still getting redirected from google searches so it appears my computer still has the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back