TechSpot

Google redirect malware

By blackknightdw
Jan 13, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,
    I have a very annoying issue, I got some mailware or worm that redirect all google (all search engine links in fact) links to somewhere else and I get pop-ups on everywebsite I visit. I have found some guides how to remove mailwares but I found them very confusing, so I wanna ask here if anybody can help me fix it.

Thanks

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

You might try searching on this forum for 8 step malware removal or something similar. There is very good advice there that usually works.

3. KrisMcNic2!

KrisMcNic2! TS Rookie Posts: 24

I know the feeling, been there, done that. There are a lot of bad nasties out there but to date the 8 STEPS has cured them all.

Just go to search & type in "8 Step" & it will get to where you want to be. Follow the instructions & Post the Logs. Somebody friendly will help you out.

When your Clean I recommend that you run CHKDSK & then DEFRAG. Hope this helps :)

4. blackknightdw

blackknightdw TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have used MalwareBytes to scan my computer, found about 28 infected files, I have deleted them and Google works fine. Thx everybody:eek:)

5. KrisMcNic2!

KrisMcNic2! TS Rookie Posts: 24

Did you run SAS (SuperAnti Spyware)??

If you didn't, it is like locking the Barn Door after the horses have escaped. :blackeye: My experience is that more often than not SAS will find something that MBAM did not & vice versa. The whole idea of the 8 STEPS is to root out all the nasties & did you run MBAM at least twice?? I have found that sometimes it takes at least 3 passes before you come up clean. Keep running MBAM until it finds nothing new, that goes for CC & SAS as well.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.