Google Redirect Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
After removing the Antivirus 2009 Trojan, I am left with the problem of google redirecting its search results to the incorrect websites when using internet explorer. Please see my attached logs and let me know if you can help. I appreciate the assistance.

New Information - GooredFix
Here are to references to same remedy for goo gle redirects from malware .

Secondary information -
This appears in HJT >> O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{0DD4BB3C-4E6F-43B8-9A20-AF5AFF782E04}: NameServer = 192.168.1.3. Another O17 entry names a local network which suggests this was created by you.

The IP is for a local network. Trojan.dnschanger malware can infect other computers and the router on home network.

What effect do you observe after separating network elements, power cycling network elements (computers & router), and re-establishing the network for just this computer with the router?

Some strains of trojan.dnschanger reputedly have the ability to alter the flash memory. For these a hard reset for the router reloads factory defaults.

After that, I would resort to combo_fix to perform a deeper scan on the infected computer.

Share your findings and logs so that everyone can benefit from your experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back