Google redirect virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a virus/malware that is redirecting me to yawarez.net and a couple other advertising websites. I read about several possible fixes and used pretty much every recommended software to try and clean the computer, yet I am still being redirected to bogus websites while searching with yahoo, google and msn.

I also saw some advice about deleting the wdmaud.sys file which worked for some people but I don't have this rogue file on my system. Any ideas from others who are experiencing the same trouble? This seems to be a newer version of the search engine redirection virus and comes up with limited results when I search, none of which have solved the problem.

In the past hour, Mcafee has warned me about an potentially unwanted program on my system, which I don't recognize at all. Is it possible that this program is responsible? When I try and access the area that it is located I get a message saying that "Access is Denied." The name of the program is Tool-NirCmd and it is located at c:\System Volume Information\_restore{202550A8-7A33-4BCA-9586-051D24DDBF8F}\RP86\A0013534.com

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance for your help!

Just an update- I think that I was able to get rid of the virus/trojan by using AVG and then setting up a clean restore point. I found a thread on bleepingcomputer.com by VirusHeatsEvil describing how this worked. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back