Google Redirector Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google Redirect Virus

Help... I have the Google redirect problem that I see referenced here by so many others. I have used the prescribed 8-step process, and in doing so found some Trojan horse references that were removed. I also had it start spoofing another antivirus software package by disabling me from launching any programs, including my antivirus. I've since been able to run Super Antispyware, Avira and Malwarebytes and get a clean bill of health on each. But, when I go into Google Search in my browser (either IE or Firefox) I still have the browser redirect problem.

Attached are the logs from the requested files. Please advise on what to do next.

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-01-16 (21-46-57).txt
    869 bytes · Views: 1
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 01-16-2010 - 21-30-40.log
    575 bytes · Views: 0
  • 011610 hijackthis.log
    13.6 KB · Views: 2
Need Help with Google Redirect, logs attached

If someone knowledgeable will look at the logs and provide a next step, it would be greatly appreciated

Looks like you're infected with the TDL3 rookit. Only Hitman Pro and Combofix can cure the newest variants.

Download Hitman Pro from here:
www.hitmanpro.com

It should list an infected driver. Use the free license to remove the infection.

Thanks for the great lead. I used Hitman Pro and it appears to be gone. I'll test it out a bit more, but so far its back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back