Google redirects, can't run malwarebytes, super anti-spyware, combfix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have followed the guided steps in the post but I am still getting dominated by this malware

basically all my google searches are redirected after I click a link, my computer locks up, sometimes I can't login to windows after rebooting. It is also making weird noises.

I can't run malwarebytes, super anti spyware, or combofix.

This is getting really annoying and I could really use some help, thank you.

For some reason I can't post an attachment, so is it alright to post my log here?

Hi farva88

Have you tried running these programs (Malwarebytes and SAS) in Safe Mode? Press F8 repeatedly on start-up to access the Safe Mode menu and give it a shot if you haven't.

Spyder_1386 :)

With malwarebytes installed run this
It confuses whatever is stopping it from running and runs malwarebytes, it worked for me.

P.S.snowchick7669 introduced it to me.

I have/had a similar problem, maybe I can help out. (Nothing professional, though.)

Go to C\Windows\System32 >

Make it so you get a detailed list, then click on DateModified

Look for the time when you got the problem.

If you see anything like this:

uacbbr.dll
UAClbvxdmdulkrsjgrovo.dll

(Basically anthing starting with uac)

Then you probably have the same thing as me. I found that deleting some of these files stopped the search engine redirect, though I could not remove all of them.

---

Besides that, while surfing for that uacbbr thing, I found this program called "Prevx". It allows you to scan your pc for malware and found amongst other things, the UAC stuff, which my McAfee doesn't pick up. Maybe that program can help you.

(Actually removing stuff isn't free, but at least it could help you identify malware.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back