TechSpot

Google releases Android 3.1, announces Android Ice Cream Sandwich

By Emil
May 10, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. At Google I/O 2011 today, the company made a bunch of Android announcements. First off, Android 3.1 (codenamed Honeycomb, just like Android 3.0) is now official, offering the following features for…

Read the whole story

2. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 957   +49

Funny how we are talking about version 3.1 (and speculating about version 4), while many phones run on 2.3 or older. Even the new Samsung Galaxy S II ships with version 2.3. Google might be going too fast for the industry. =(

Then again I do not know how the OS upgrade path is for Andriod phones (if any), so that is a terrible assumption I've made. *rolleyes*

3. Emil

Emil TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 154

Android 3.x is for tablets only.

4. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 957   +49

Ah, thanks for the info. That would explain all the PC/Tablet related items in that list; I was wondering about that myself. I probably got mixed up when I kept on hearing about how people were lamenting 2.3 being used on tablets instead of 3.0.

Anyways, Andriod 4.0 will be much welcomed since it'll work on all devices, hopefully simplifying the Android ecosystem. =)

5. They should skip on making phones and make ice-cream sandwiches; that looks good.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.