Google releases stable version of Chrome 8

By Emil
Dec 2, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Google has released version 8 of its browser. The update brings hundreds of bug fixes as well as many features that have been available on the Chrome beta and dev channels to users interested in using Chrome's latest builds.

Read the whole story
  2. KG363

KG363 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 523   +9

Thanks for the update info

DL'd
  3. vipor231

vipor231 Newcomer, in training Posts: 31

4. Mikymjr

Mikymjr TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 121   +7

5. Thanks for the update, downloading atm to give it a try, but I doubt it will ever replace FireFox.
  6. Haven't used Firefox in months since switching to Chrome.
  7. Det

Det Newcomer, in training Posts: 84

If there only was a "report spam" button...

But yeah, Google Chrome/Chromium is brilliant. I use Firefox only when downloading videos from YouTube. If anybody's interested in knowing why there's no Youtube downloader extensions for Chrome (anymore) you can check out my question & the answer(s) in the support forum: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=736fd0e92472f09b&hl=en

Shame, but I just use Firefox for that.
  8. jstillion

jstillion Newcomer, in training Posts: 107

If you install Real Player Basic, it adds the download flash video (youtube supported) to google chrome (as well as to Firefox, IE, etc).
  9. biggabarr

biggabarr Newcomer, in training

does chrome supports idm down loader integration have to use idm
  10. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 Newcomer, in training Posts: 489

I hope they reach version 9 on the beta channel soon. That's the version where they promised hardware acceleration.
  11. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

Chrome version numbering is a joke.

It's impressive to me that a company that had gmail on beta for more than 5 years bumps their browser version every 2 months.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.