TechSpot

Google reveals Nexus Q, world's first social streaming media player

By Shawn Knight
Jun 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Before executives took the stage at Google's I/O Conference for a keynote earlier today, the company revealed a new media streaming device called the Nexus Q. Described on the Google Play product page as the first social streaming media player,……

Read more

2. Interesting...I have had an app on my iPhone / IPad that's called PlayMeNext and it does exactly the same thing using Apple TV. I have had it for more than 4 months now. It even allows anyone to take photos in real time and let's you share them while your music is playing. Oh by the way it's a free App. We used it at a party and it was a big hit. Glad to see google caught up. Also my Apple TV only cost $99.00 and small enough to throw in a carry bag.
    Great innovation Google! Keep up the great work...

3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,945   +381

isnt there already like 10 other things that do this? what are the odds I will ever see ANYONE using one of these anytime soon?
    Its the CLOUD. internet access in public is LIMITED. its not the future until we have the world wireless for no charge.

4. DanUK

DanUK TS Enthusiast Posts: 193   +8

Could be quite cool for house parties. Not sure on the price though for that...

5. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

OMG you can take photos in real time? That is so exciting!!!!! And you can put it in your purse too!!!! This is the cooolest thing E-VER. I'm going to order all the Justin Bieber albums off iTunes and give this Apple TV thing a spin.

DanUK likes this.
  6. ...I bought a jukebox that we opened up to run without coins and we could swap CD's at will.

..that was about 15 years ago.

Everyone brought their own music...quality much higher than compressed audio too. Was reasonably portable too. Used to lay it down in the back of a station wagon. Good times.

gwailo247 likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.