TechSpot

Google, RIM, and Nokia beat Apple's App Store growth

By Emil
Jan 10, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. In 2010, Google's Android Market, Research In Motion's BlackBerry App World, and Nokia's Ovi Store added apps faster than Apple's App Store, according to the latest report from research company Distimo. Apple grew the most in 2010 in terms of the absolute number of applications in the US, but the runners-up showed more growth in terms of percentage points.

Read the whole story

2. Ridiculous title and even less important statistics. I'm going to start my own app store and only offer 1 title the first day and then offer 100 titles by the end of the year. This will demonstrate that my app store is better than Apple's app store since I'll have a larger percentage growth over the course of the year.

Come on, don't post garbage titles and stories just to get visitors.

3. useless article.

first comment is absolutely correct. this article tells you nothing besides the fact that other players are starting to catch up to the ceiling that Apple has almost reached.

4. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

1st comment nailed it

5. While I agree the news isn't mindblowing, you can't just assume the results. In many markets, the dominant player stays dominant in every respect. Here though, Apple is still adding tons of apps but no longer as quickly as it used to, which is important. The competitors are catching up. Thanks for the numbers!

6. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I bet while you guys are here posting there are all sorts of people crossing your respective bridges without paying a toll.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.