Google, Samsung to develop high-end 10-inch Nexus tablet

By Shawn Knight
Oct 9, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Google is rumored to be working on a 10-inch Nexus tablet that could seriously challenge Apple's dominance with the iPad at that size. The slate will be co-developed and co-branded with Cupertino rival Samsung and is expected to carry a...

Read more
  2. We're stuck with 1080p in monitor and tv front. and a tablet gettin 2,560 x 1,600?
    it's a joke, ain't it ?
  3. At what point does one factor in diminishing returns?
  4. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

Samsung has already demonstrated what will likely be the display, and blogs are taking 2560x1600 at face value which is worrying.

http://www.nouvoyance.com/news-051311.html

If it's the same panel, it's an RGBW screen. Which means it has the full luma resolution of a typical RGB display at that resolution, but half the chroma resolution. So if you prefer not to have grainy pictures when viewing anything but black and white, you'll want to steer clear of it if it's an RGBW display.
  5. rvnwlfdroid

rvnwlfdroid Newcomer, in training Posts: 80   +6

For now we might be stuck. 4K and OLED are in the very near future though. :)
  6. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TechSpot Booster Posts: 363   +86

I have a 1920x1200 resolution monitor and I've been looking at those 1440 resolution monitors. I believe you just aren't looking hard enough.
  7. ReederOnTheRun

ReederOnTheRun TechSpot Booster Posts: 310   +62

Hmmm, I'll have to look into that. Knowing Google and Samsung though, I doubt they'd make something that flawed.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.