Google says new Samsung-made Nexus 10 coming soon

By Justin Kahn
Jul 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Amidst the excitement of Google's Nexus 7, Android 4.3, and Chromecast TV dongle announcements yesterday, the company also later confirmed to reporters that we will be seeing a refreshed Samsung made Nexus 10 coming soon. According to a tweet from the...

Read more
  2. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,577   +487

If the top-notch 5" smartphones got 1080P screens more than half-year ago, why not produce a 10" tablet with 4K? ;)
  3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,017   +683

Because anyone over the age of 12 can't see that much detail without a magnifying glass? They say 4K Tv won't be worth buying in any size under 55 inches or something like that.

Well.. if Samsung is building it, it'll have an infrared blaster, NFC, support for multiple apps at once like their Galaxy tabs, wireless charging, a thermometer and probably a few other things we haven't thought of yet. Samsung loves features.
    misor likes this.
  4. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,577   +487

Not all of us lost vision at the age of 12 ;)
  5. 12 years or not, only certain people with certain traits can see that needed difference. Compare it to someone running a 100 meters in 8 secs... some can, but not most. Kinda like most can't see over 60 frames a sec... some can, like fighter pilots for example, etc but most can't even if they "think" they can. I bet 90% of those that claim to "see" a difference also "see" the emperors new clothes too. :)
  6. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,384   +607

And once again the "you can't see that detail" dead horse comes staggering in.

Diagonal lines. Tell me you can't see the difference between a diagonal line on an iPad 1 and iPad retina.
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,815   +702

And how much do you think it would cost? I can't see a lot of people spending $2000 on a 10" tablet.
  8. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,534   +92

iPad 4K? I bet some would buy that for $2000.
  9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Yeah but only those with more money than sense.
  10. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,384   +607

Not sure if making a joke about Apple consumers in general, or not.... :D
  11. Skidmarksdeluxe

Nah, just people in general. It takes all sorts to make the world go around. I've got no beef with Apple consumers.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.