Inactive Google Search Redirects, Pop-Ups, Slow Computer, & Windows Update Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReloD

Hi, so I have the dreaded Google search redirect and several pop-ups that have different links but end up going to Google. I've experienced a slow computer; my processor went up to %100 when I wasn't doing anything. Finally my windows update is failing to work with code 80072EFE. (Sometime I can't access the windows update website also.)

If you guys have the time could you see what's wrong? Thanks.

Here are the preliminary scans. (The tests are from yesterday because it takes a long time to scan on my computer.)

Attachments

• SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 04-10-2010 - 22-55-08.log
    1.5 KB · Views: 1
  • hijackthis.log
    19 KB · Views: 1
  • mbam-log-2010-04-10 (21-25-23).txt
    894 bytes · Views: 1
To start with, you're running 3 AV programs, Avast, BitDefender and TrendMicro.
Two of them have to go.
You can run only one AV and one firewall.

Please, post fresh HJT log, when you're done.

Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to uninstall TrendMicro or access it. It always says there is an instance running of it or something but it's not accessible. BitDefender I think I uninstalled but something was messy with the uninstall. I can't find it anymore in the Add Or Remove Programs thing so I assume it's gone.

I have an updated Hijack:

Attachments

• hijackthis2.txt
    19.1 KB · Views: 1
OK, we'll try take care of those by other means...

Please download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
  1. Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.
  2. Close any open browsers.
  3. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
    • Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
    • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
    NOTE1. If Combofix asks you to install Recovery Console, please allow it.
    NOTE 2. If Combofix asks you to update the program, always do so.
    • Close any open browsers.
    • WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts
    • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
    • If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.
  4. Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  5. When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  6. Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" along with a new HijackThis log for further review.
**Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

Make sure, you re-enable your security programs, when you're done with Combofix.

DO NOT make any other changes to your computer (like installing programs, using other cleaning tools, etc.), until it's officially declared clean!!!

Just a second I found an uninstall for TrendMicro. (For some reason it's main uninstaller doesn't work but another thing did). But I found where BitDefender is however there isn't an uninstaller. It says it's expired but I can't get rid of it. So here's a hijack with TrendMicro gone. Should I continue with downloading ComboFix?

Attachments

• hijackthis3.txt
    18.6 KB · Views: 0
Hello sorry about the long wait. The ComboFix took quite a while with a few restarts. Thank you for your time. Here are the requested logs:

Attachments

• ComboFix.txt
    22.3 KB · Views: 1
  • hijackthis4.txt
    16.1 KB · Views: 0
How is redirection issue?

1. Please open Notepad
  • Click Start , then Run
  • Type notepad .exe in the Run Box.

2. Now copy/paste the entire content of the codebox below into the Notepad window:

Code:
File::
c:\windows\system32\bdod.bin

Folder::
c:\programdata\{9D5CA18B-EFC8-466C-9902-60C893B42A68}

Driver::

Registry::

RegLockDel::

3. Save the above as CFScript.txt

4. Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as depicted in the animation below. This will start ComboFix again.

CFScript.gif

5. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), please post the following reports/logs into your next reply:
  • Combofix.txt
  • A new HijackThis log.

It's working excellent so far (It's random when it redirects so I'm not sure if it's completely gone). Thanks a lot! Even Windows Update is working. I'll get those logs up soon.

Thanks again by the way.
Alright here are the HiJack and ComboFix logs:

Attachments

• log 2.txt
    65.6 KB · Views: 1
  • hijackthis5.txt
    16.3 KB · Views: 0
Oops. Not sure if the file name matter but the ComboFix is the "log 2.txt" I'll just upload it as Combofix again.

EDIT: Nevermind I can't

Very good :)

Uninstall Combofix:
Go Start > Run [Vista users, go Start>"Start search"]
Type in:
Combofix /Uninstall
Note the space between the "Combofix" and the "/Uninstall"
Click OK (Vista users - press Enter).
Restart computer.

====================================================================

1. Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC)
Double click on TFC.exe to run the program.
Click on Start button to begin cleaning process.
TFC will close all running programs, and it may ask you to restart computer.

2. Go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan.

1. Disable your active antivirus program.
2. Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
3. It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
4. When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
5. Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:

• Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
    [*] Archives
    [*] Mail databases
6. Click on My Computer under Scan.
7. Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
8. You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....
9. Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button. Then post it here.

Post fresh HijackThis log as well.

Will do. Is this worth noting? I got a notification saying: "Parasite Found (That's the TItle): The following files were trying to attach to ComboFix. They shall be disabled. Kindly note down on paper, the name of each file. We may need it later.
C:\Windows\Temp\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll" <- That's what showed up when I tried to uninstall combofix.

Edit: How will I know if ComboFix properly uninstalls? Does the icon disappear? Thanks.

Don't worry about that message.

To make sure, Combofix is gone, make sure, you don't have following folder/files present:
Combofix, Qoobox folders,and Combofix.txt file from C:
Combofix from your desktop

Hmm ComboFix didn't uninstall for some reason. I'll try it again.

Edit: Okay it uninstalled this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back