TechSpot

Google search results being redirected to unrelated websites

By sc00768
Apr 11, 2009
  1. Hi, I'm having big trouble with Google Search. The search results are being redirected to some unrelated websites. It's getting so frustrating as I'm afraid my computer might be hacked.

I've run the HijackThis and have enclosed the log. Please help!!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. touch

touch TS Rookie Posts: 978

3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

touch will review the logs for you. But I want to mention that your AVG v7 is outdated. Since it is, note Step 1 in the referred site and consider removing AVG and changing to Avira or Avast. Links are on the site.

4. sc00768

sc00768 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you for your reply.
    Attached please find my log.

I'll change my antivirus to Avast later.

5. touch

touch TS Rookie Posts: 978

Thanks Bobbye :)

I recommend you remove AVG7 now, from add/remove programs in controlpanel, as Bobbye suggest.

Reboot

Install Avira:
    http://www.avira.com/en/download/

Update it, run a complete system.

A quick question ? It looks like you are using East asiain language, and some Asian programs such as -> WebThunder translation and Tudou.

Also please tell what - PKu6SpeedUpper.exe - is ?

When Avira have completed the scan.
    Reboot.

Attach new hijackthis log.

6. sc00768

sc00768 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Never mind. I've formatted my computer and it's back on working now. Thanks for your help anyway.

7. Bobbye

I wasn't familiar with some of the programs you had, so I checked them out. I would like to pass the information (Warning) on to you:

Web Thunder:
    Tudou: P2P Program> See Step 3 on the Virun and Malware Removal thread: Uninstall File Sharing/P2P Programs
    You have three translation programs running:
    Do you already know all this? And accept the responsibilities that you will get malware when you use P2P or File Sharing programs?

A couple of questions:
    1. You are auto configured to go to:
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,AutoConfigURL = http://127.0.0.1:9415/tudouva.pac
    Are you aware of this?

2. Do you have a homepage set to come up blank when you launch IE?
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank

Malware is in the System Restore points. Do NOT use System Restore. at the end of the cleaning, you will drop the old restore points and create a new clean one.

8. Bobbye

Damn! I wasted all that time assembling the information! Your post wasn't up yet when I started.

PLEASE READ through what I left. You will probably load the same programs on again- then you'll be back with the same problems! Better you learn how to troubleshoot. you can't reformat/reinstall every time there is a problem!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.