Google searches get redirected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay well i'm not sure what to do about this...
The only anti-virus program i have is McAfee and i scanned my computer a lot of times yet its still there. The subscription is up to date and i still get the patches.

Anyway, everytime i search google and i click the link, it sends me to another site, which mostly involves inappropiateness. Then "vimax" ads replace the regular ones on sites.
Please help me. I don't want my friends on my computer and seeing all these ads and getting google redirects to other sites.
Thanks.

Hi Kevin

Do the TechSpot 8 steps: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Skip no steps (do not install another virus scanner if you already have one, ask me before installing a Firewall).
avg

Most importantly update MalwareBytes (MBAM) and SuperAntiSpyware (SAS)!

Before you scan with either MalwareBytes or SuperAntiSpyWare do the Extra Configs below these have become most important lately

SuperAntispyware extra config

After installed double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.

Update the program definitions.

Click the Preferences button.

Then Scanning Control.

In Scanner Options make sure all boxes are checked except #3 Ignore System Restore.. are checked:

MalwareBytes extra config

After update but before running
Click settings and confirm all are Checked.

I repeat Update these 2 programs.

Run them and attach their logs.

After you are clean we will talk about getting rid of Mcafee and getting a good Virus scanner!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back