TechSpot

Google Street View Hyperlapse lets you animate your trip

By Shawn Knight
Apr 10, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. A small independent unit within Teehan+Lax tasked with exploring the creative use of technology in the digital channel has come up with a pretty neat invention called Google Street View Hyperlapse. As the name suggests, the app builds a time...

Read more

2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,979   +391

I dont get motion sick...but that video hurts my head. why you rotate? its already fast...

3. Steve

Steve TechSpot Staff Posts: 1,464   +508 Staff Member

I really liked the rotate effect, looked awesome when they followed the planes. Cool Stuff!

4. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,110   +45

This video blew me away. I'm quite impressed by the video alone, but the feature seems like it will become very popular. I can see a few way people would use this, albeit maybe not always up to date, but a considerable reference point. The entertainment possibilities, like Google Earth, seem almost infinite, as well as educational.

5. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

Just created one for my normal commute and it's extremely jerky, points off in different directions randomly. It does look promising from the video, but it's far off from the reality of it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.