By Emil
Nov 10, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Ranger12

Ranger12 TechSpot Guru Posts: 629   +115

HAHA Thats great. What now facebook!?
  2. windmill007

windmill007 Newcomer, in training Posts: 311

Google is starting to sound like a bunch of cry babies. I wish they would just embrace facebook. Google can't rule everything and we would have much better Google services if it integrated into facebook.
  3. flocka

flocka Newcomer, in training Posts: 40

they want to be the microsoft of the internet
  4. bakape

bakape TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 123

they are the Microsoft of the internet imo
  5. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

But it's true... Facebook will take your data and use it as they see fit. That message from google is 100 percent fact.
  6. jwdR1

jwdR1 Newcomer, in training

Now that is the pot calling the kettle black!

I'm sure both companies have their users' privacy interests at heart.

Bless their hearts. :)
  7. Demons

Demons Newcomer, in training Posts: 52

The battle continues... Kudos to Google though, for not giving up. You can't trust facebook with all of your contact information and so many people just hand it over without thinking. Say goodbye to your privacy!
  8. Cryptopsy

Cryptopsy Newcomer, in training Posts: 47

[_CHECK_] Register a complaint over data protectionism. (Google will not record or display your name or email address.)
  9. treeski

treeski TechSpot Guru Posts: 867   +128

Bunch of cry babies? They are fighting so that users have more options and more control. Sure, Google would benefit if Facebook went along and allowed its users to export contacts data... but so would EVERYONE else!

Gogogoogle!
  10. Yosip

Yosip Newcomer, in training Posts: 16

Google FTW

11. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 431   +8

That....is......FANTASTIC! I had a chuckle on my face as I was reading it. Are you SUPER sure?
  12. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 941   +42

At least Google suggests that users can do whatever they want with their data... Of course Google can do almost whatever they want too, and facebooks exists because of their "data management". lol
  13. Nima304

Nima304 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 282   +28

I agree. This is getting childish.
  14. vangrat

vangrat Newcomer, in training Posts: 223

This is not so bad. They are just giving their users the knowledge about what will happen if they transfer their data. They are not blocking it, so it is all in good measure.

That being said. Google, the company that knows everything, about everyone, all the time, is worried about privacy?!?!
  15. akannitaoheed

akannitaoheed Newcomer, in training Posts: 99

It's quite difficult to know who to believe. I see no big deal with face book not letting out everybody's details to every tom **** n harry. It's just okay by me anyway.
  16. I love Google. They are right to hate Facebook. Reading that warning made me laugh out loud. GO DIE FACEBOOK!
  17. Leeky

Leeky TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +98

Too many people don't realise how much information on individuals Facebook harvests. Worse still, it seems that the vast majority of its members are blissfully unaware of this as well!

This time I support Google fully.

18. That;s (sort of) what they're trying to do, you *****. Except Facebook refuse to offer the same export features Gmail does to allow friends to find each other on the respective networks.
  19. That;s (sort of) what they're trying to do, you *****. Except Facebook refuse to offer the same export features Gmail does to allow friends to find each other on the respective networks.
  20. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Its funny, FB has always been quite open in its battle against privacy, conveniently omitting the fact that they're making money hand over fist selling your information to marketers.

Just like that a-hole who bought up the rights to old Las Vegas newspaper articles allowing him to sue everyone on the internet, what is stopping someone buying the FB data from some soon to go under company, and then proceed to post it online, unless you pay a fee to "opt out" of the publishing.

And considering how many people are falling victim, willingly or not, to various random phishing attacks, how much worse would they be when the person is specifically targeting you, using data from your FB account. Their success rate would probably skyrocket.
  21. Serag

Serag TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 179

It's not a complete noble attempt at warning users there, google is wary of facebook's ambition and potential if given the right circumstances.
  22. KG363

KG363 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

this war is childish
  23. Classic Rock

Classic Rock TechSpot Member Posts: 92

I support Google in this. Personally I think it would be a much better world if everyone on facebook exchanged their accounts for a Gmail account. May facebook rot and die, quickly.
  24. compu4

compu4 Newcomer, in training Posts: 46

LMFAO! The Admiral Ackbar picture is priceless.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.