TechSpot

Google to take on Apple with its own online tablet store

By Leeky
Mar 30, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Internet search giant Google is set to turn up the pressure on Apple and Amazon by selling co-branded Android tablets directly to consumers, according to the usual 'people familiar with…

Read the whole story
  2. if they do end the fragmentation of the Android market, I would probably buy one. For now, just enjoying the Ipad.
  3. I hope they obliterate Apple.
  4. 1st out will be the Asus Quint Core 7"-er. At a rumored $149, THIS Tablet will scream past All players straight into my hands!
  5. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TS Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

I have a Motorola Xoom tablet running Android. I love it I also have an Ipad2. I play all my games on my Xoom. And do all my other paperwork ect on my Ipad2. I think Android is better for customization on the UI. Ipad is just Ipad. No real ability to do much in making the Ipad "yours". So Googles new pad may actually do well given that most smartphones are running Android anyways. What would put them over the top is if they integrate their tablet to your Android phone. I.E. Someone calls your phone and your useing your Google pad and dont want to answer you can send a command from your tablet to send the caller to your voicemail. Stuff like that would send ppl running for it lol.
  6. Good idea! @Tygerstrike. Let's call it gPad! lol

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.