TechSpot

Google TV set to launch in Europe

By Julio Franco
Aug 28, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. During his keynote speech at the annual Edinburgh Television Festival last Friday, Google Executive Eric Schmidt announced plans to launch Google's TV service in Europe starting early next year.

Read the whole story

2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,056   +76

Recipe for another failure, but then Big G can sink money and not be bothered about it for now.

3. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +98

I personally do not see how google TV can compete with Virgin Media or Sky in our country.

Sure, it offers YouTube, and the internet as a bonus, but catch up on demand TV from the previously mentioned providers already exists. I don't even pay a penny for that privilege with Virgin Media now, and my computers are more than adequate in replacement of a Google TV service.

If the prices are low enough I might invest, and with the economy as it is today, I don't see that being any different for other folk.

4. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,576   +47

You both said it.

They're bound to come in at a loss with Sky and Virgin in this country...Google's not thinking straight here.

5. What's the minimal bandwidth required: 385 kpbs ?

6. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +98

The minimum connection speed required is a hard question to answer, but I would imagine the majority of broadband connections would be fine, though the experience is likely to be improved on faster broadband connections, especially during media playback of online content.

7. Proofix

Proofix TS Rookie Posts: 23

Bout Frikin time...

8. Google wants to be in everything, I think than when they said Google Earth......they mean it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.