TechSpot

Google unveils Nexus 7 tablet, available mid-July for $199

By Jos
Jun 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Google has officially announced the Nexus 7 tablet during its opening keynote at Google I/O 2012. As rumored, the device is manufactured in partnership with Asus, featuring a 7-inch 1280 x 800 display and a Tegra 3 SoC which itself…

Read more

2. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,286   +232

Same price as my Kindle Fire, plus Bluetooth and camera for video chat? Yah, I think the wife will be getting a slightly used Fire hand-me-down this fall...

3. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 881   +130

This fall? The next gen Kindle Fire will definitely be available by then, and may have an even better offering!

4. Xyvis

Xyvis TS Rookie Posts: 18

I've been wanting an Android tablet for some time, I'm tempted to pick this up.

5. $199 on contract right?

6. Contract for what? Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.

7. Uvindu

Uvindu TS Enthusiast Posts: 153

+1 :)

8. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,570   +338

Looks good for a $199 tablet, but as treeski mentioned above, the new Fire that will likely resemble the Nexus 7 specs should be out in a matter of weeks.

9. scumbag

scumbag TS Rookie Posts: 25

Yeah but here in the UK the Nexus is shipping at the same time as in the U.S.

By the time Amazon will get around to releasing the new Fire for us it'll be obsolete unless they've changed their ways.

I've pre-ordered a 16gb Nexus, can't wait :)

10. Just pre-ordered mine too. Have been looking at the 7" size for a few months now and getting one of this quality is worth the wait. Am a little disappointed that the unit doesn't come with a charger but at least it doesn't come with a power brick and USB chargers can be had for cheap.

11. Awaiting for this to my country too.

12. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,078   +76

Has anybody heard whether this will have a micro hdmi out, or similar output port? I'd really like to be able to hook this up to a tv/projector

13. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

I'm jealous.

I was holding off till the Surface, but Jelly Bean looks pretty good, especially for half the price.

I'll hold off for a month or so and see what else comes out.

14. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,078   +76

I'm inclined to hold off as well, although I really like the looks of the 16gb for $250. The last time I pre-ordered a tablet (Transformer Prime TF201), it turned out to suck the big weenie. I look forward to the reviews of this though.

15. DanUK

DanUK TS Enthusiast Posts: 193   +8

One of my best mates works for Google so I got to have a play on one of these at his house the other day, it's verrryyyyy nice especially for so cheap.

16. Android and Nexus 7? You call yourselves geeks?

Go watch Blade Runner again.

I do realize Rachel was a 6.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.