TechSpot

Google Voice comes to iPhone, Palm WebOS devices

By Jos
Jan 26, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apple's decision to block Google Voice from its iPhone App Store caused quite a stir last summer. Besides an expected backlash from users, the move prompted the FCC to open an investigation on all involved parties -- Apple, Google, and AT&T. The latter was quick to distance itself from the controversy, insisting they had nothing to do with the block, while Apple claimed the app wasn't rejected, it just hadn't been approved yet.

Read the whole story

2. Google should release the software to jailbreak iphone user. The iphone is a great phone as long as you jailbreak it. Apple try to control everything and will lose in the long run. The only reason I jailbreak my iphone is to get the full power, I still buy all my apps from the apple store or Cydia, software developper should get the money for developping apps but Apple should wake up and stop preventing the user for using the full potential of there phone.

Iphone from Apple = suck
    Iphone jailbreak = rock

3. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

With Google voice for voice calls and Ping! or text messages, I wonder how long it will be before mobile phone carriers start offering data-only plans?

And yeah, I agree with Guest that developers should get the rewards for making a good app - in fact this is a good reason to support the Cydia store instead of the Appl€ store because Appl€ take a massive chunk of the money people pay for the apps and add it to their ridiculous profit margins.

4. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 604

I will have to check this out!!

5. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 604

Your statement is self contradicting. What about the developers of itunes and the apple store? Apple spent a lot of time/money developing that. Don't you think they should get a cut for marketing and providing easy access to customers?

Not saying that they shouldn't allow use of Cydia, but just that Apple does need to make some revenue for all of the effort they have expended as well.

6. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 844   +11

I don't even own an iPhone, but I do like to see Apple's totalitarian policies thwarted. So this put a smile on my face :D

7. So when does this become available to iPhone users???

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.