TechSpot

Google Voice gets "Anonymous" and "All Contacts" groups

By Rick
May 31, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. It's not often we see new features rolled out for Google Voice, but yesterday the search giant announced it would be adding two new call groups to its service: All...

Read the whole story

2. Hopefully the next feature will finally be MMS.

3. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

Google has supposedly been "hard at work" on it... for awhile now.

Sprint users kinda-sorta get MMS through Google Voice, but it is delivered through their email as opposed to text.

There are many things to love about Google Voice, but as with some Google products (Docs and Apps admin, in particular) some seemingly no-brainer features are entirely absent.

4. audioman83

audioman83 TS Rookie

In late July I will ditch traditional cell phone service. I'll carry a Verizon 4G hotspot and something like a Samsung Note (or a 5.5" to 6" tablet if such a thing is released by then). Thanks to Google Voice, my "smart phone" will cost 36% less and have the added bonus of having WIFI everywhere, 24/7. I'll be saving $$ with the first bill.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.