Google wants Chrome apps on your Android and iOS devices

By Scorpus
Dec 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Google is looking to expand the reach of their Chrome apps beyond desktop operating systems, targeting mobile devices in a new project. As discovered by The Next Web, Google has discovered a method for porting Chrome applications from desktop platforms...

Read more
  2. Chuck Cortes

Chuck Cortes Newcomer, in training Posts: 53   +13

I'm confused, how is a Chrome app different from an Android app and I mean different as in what they can do? I have both the Google Keep app and Chrome app on my PC and phone, so why do I need the Chrome app version on my phone?
  3. The chrome app resides inside chrome and is not standalone product, just like the desktop version chrome.
  4. Chuck Cortes

Chuck Cortes Newcomer, in training Posts: 53   +13

Incorrect, some Chrome apps are stand alone apps. I have several of them on my PC that don't require Chrome running to use them. In essence they are similar to what you get from Pokki. Look for the Chrome Launcher https://chrome.google.com/webstore/launcher.
  5. EClyde

EClyde TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 143   +12

Google wants too much of me. Too bad they are so hard to avoid. Our fault
  6. More stuff from Google to dodge...

You don't run apps on a PC, they are programs. If u need an app, ur a needy person and should just open ur wallet and let everyone help you.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.