TechSpot

Googling "zerg rush" destroys your search results

By Rick
Apr 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. One of the attributes which makes Google great has to be its whimsical sense of humor and fun. There are a plethora of Easter eggs for Google's services and products...

Read the whole story

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,750   +1,105

For those who don't know... 'Zerg' is from the Starcraft games. Zerg is a alien race, who's design includes many many small weak units instead of fewer stronger ones. The strategy therefore is to overwhelm your enemy like a bunch of ants on a caterpillar.

3. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Addict Posts: 439   +84

lol how funny

4. 6 Pooling all the way to Masters.

5. Haha, yeah saw this on reddit this morning and it made me laugh. Oh, google, never stop being you!

6. Punkid

Punkid TS Guru Posts: 421

it is just you, the O's are not Os of Opera...theyre Os from gOOgle

7. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 4,573   +65

That's what everyone tells me -- it's just you. :-(

8. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,558   +598

OK...that was fun. :)

9. Oh, at least now I know that Google is not a search engine, but a place to have fun. I was one of the few who lived under the impression you can actually find something there. Last week I had to switch to Bing, because since a few months ago, whatever I look for in Google, I can't find it. It gives me millions of search results - with words I didn't enter, and when I open pages - some or all of my keywords are not there at all. But I understand, Google is too busy making stupid internet specs and mobile phones these days, too busy to attend to the reason why we all know about it -- the search engine. Now I understand that it is all a joke, and Google's search results are actually there for fun. Silly me, tried to actually use it.

10. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,533   +48

Oh yeah, that's really good. Even the gravity one is a nice touch.

11. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 991   +90

I think they have way to much fun at Google, I wished I worked there.

12. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,951   +162

lol guest bing is terrible and full of ad results confuses my dad to no end

I heart google

13. Tell me, you weren't by any chance searching on how to steal Christmas were you?

14. Amazing. People still using Google...

15. Man, that is one misleading headline.