TechSpot

Got a 9700Pro !!! *does a little dance!!!*

By yukka
Dec 19, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just bought a 9700pro for £225. im pretty damn happy about it - call of duty is looking totally awesome on it :)

im about to overclock it - any suggestions about what i should be expecting to hit with it? current is 325 and 310 for memory. just using the stock heatsink but i may get a better one if it makes a major difference .

card if a hercules 3d prophet 9700pro with 128mb. i know that 225 isnt the totally best cheapest price on the planet, but its a better price than the 9800pro (by £40) and i like to be a little retro - been admiring the beauties for 12 months :)
  2. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 717   +28

i have got 380 and 340 so far with the stock cooling :)
  3. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,383   +15

but is that stable with no artifacts? Run 3DMark2001/03 and if its all stable and has no artifacts you have a pretty good OC. I dont think aftermarket cooling will make much of a difference.
  4. BrownPaper

BrownPaper TS Rookie Posts: 467

you can also test artifacts with your radeon card with the Rendering with Natural Light Demo on your Catalyst CD.
  5. Josiiah

Josiiah TS Rookie

Cool, I love my 9700 pro. A very good buy IMHO. unfortunatly my overclock wasn't too impresive, but it still chews up 3d gfx and spits out solid FPS.
  6. Nick_M

Nick_M TS Rookie Posts: 31

7. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 717   +28

i paid 225 inc delivery. that 9800pro is 248 inc vat and you need to pay delivery on top.

you can wipe up your piss now, if you like :D
  8. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,212

Be nice boys or I'm going to have to remove BOTH you cards. I'm about due for an upgrade anyway. ;)
  9. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,928

I wouldn't buy anything from those w**kers. I got a defective Radeon AIW 9700 Pro from that outfit about 7 months ago, and I sent it back. I'm still waiting for my refund (credit card company is dealing with it). I bought a replacement card (9800 Pro) elsewhere, and I wouldn't go back to that company again.
  10. kimbo.ati

kimbo.ati TS Rookie Posts: 224

You got a defective one like it was broken and didnt work when u put it in. or it was cracked when you opened the box?

read my post in the forums about my total F**ked 9700 pro which is still kicking away for some reason but its pissing me off !

(WTF! 9700pro Screwed up)
    My 9700pro problem
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.