GPU listed as N/A in dxdiag

Status
Not open for further replies.

simba28

Ok guys. Im new and have been looking for this problem but couldn't find it. I am currently trying to play some games on my computer and am having graphics problems. It wont run Portal or even Diablo 2. When i checked my graphics card in dxdiag it only showed N/A. I have no clue how to figure out what do do to find out what i have so i can update drivers (my best guess for not working)

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Can give your system's specifications (including type of graphic card) so we can be in better position to help you out on this one?

If you don't know correct specifications of your system you can use CPUZ and GPUZ to find out general information about hardware of your system/graphic card respectively. Regards

Ok, I took two pics i thought you would might need and the graphics tab is blank.

cpuz2.jpg

cpuz1.jpg

If you are using the onboard graphics, the graphics driver is part of the chipset driver package. Go here: ECS USA

Hi simba,
welcome to Techspot :) the reason your having problems gaming is that you are using integrated graphics, not to mention an older and particularly weak one. in order to play the games you listed at any detail or decent resolution, you will need to invest in a discreet graphics card of some type.

I would do that but i have no money to spare. I was recently let go from my job and am using the last of my money to keep me living while i find a job.

are you in the USA simba? I build systems (usually for the budget conscious) and have some PCIE cards laying around including a HD 3450, it runs on a grand total of 45w so you wouldn't have to upgrade your PSU. if you want to PM me your address I can send it to you. Its not a benchmarker, but its head and shoulders above an IGP. let me know if your interested. and good luck on your job search.

I'd be curious to take a peek at the complete dxdiag report if you'd like, just follow these directions then attach it

• click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first cick Go Advanced)

@red
Thats pretty damn good of you :)

@simba28
You need to install drivers for your integrated graphic chip. You can find that from the link given above by mailpup (in the download section).

Hey Red, I'll have to get that PM to you another time because it wants me to have 30 posts before I can PM.

I couldn't match red1776's kind and generous offer but was curious to take a look at the report as i also suspected, now confirmed, what Mailpup and Archean already mentioned above: you're missing the chipset drivers for your board (which includes your graphics driver)

I have downloaded the drivers and am able to play my games. it is really choppy but at least i can run them now. thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back