GPU temps again!

andy06shake

My EVGA GTX570 Superclocked GFX card has some serious temperature issues.

The Card idles at 36c and under load, playing games gets as hot as 97-105c, using 2 monitors the idle temp is 69-70c, while gaming still 97-105c(Crysis 2 1980*1050 all the bells n whistles on).

The card is less than 8 months old, clean as far as i can see. I have removed the card and cleaned away any dust build up with compresed air, can't remove the plastic shroud because i dont have the proper security screw heads. Its not my case/air flow as airflow is optimal. 2 120mm front fans pulling also 120mm side fan pushing, 240mm top fan pushing, 120mm back fan pushing. My question is if i reTim the card will this help and if so whats the best thermal paste to use? I have Actic Silver 5 compound will this be sufficent? Also where can i get the security screw heads?

If it is less than 8 months old and you are sure it isn't case airflow causing the problem I'd look at getting it replaced by the retailer or manufacturer. Which ever is applicable under card warranty. You'll probably find that messing around with it could invalidate a warranty and if the application of a new thermal compound doesn't help you then have something you can't send back as faulty. I'm not sure but I'd check what is used for the heatsink on a GPU. I have a feeling it might be a thermal epoxy rather than a paste. Someone with experience of changing cooling solutions on graphics card should be able to confirm/deny my feeling on this...

have you got a gap between the 2 cards? if they are right against each other it will choke the cards for clean air

sorry ignore my last post i didn't read your post properly and i can't work out how to deleted my post

Ive seen the card goto 115c, with not a problem. Seems fine, no black screens, BSOD or artifacts. But the temp is dangerous if you ask me.

Back