GPU/ Video Card shader problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CUkills

hello everyone, i just installed one of the newest nvida video cards GeForce FX 5700, however i am trying to run a downloaded demo of Armored Assult 2 and when i tried to run it, it came up with the error that shader model 2 is not supported, i assumed that with this new Nvida that it would support that shader model but i cant find where it would post that. to run the game it requires shader model 3. so first i am asking is where i can find what shader model my Nvida is running? and second what other GPU's are there that support shader model 3

Thank you

That card is quite a few years old now, And sadly does not support shader model 3.

so what would you recommend, is there any update download that i can do or do i need to purchase a new GPU

i would like to replace it with a Nvidia type GPU, what is the best for the price Nvidia, or how much does the AGP cost

Some of the newest games require shader 4.0, for example cryostatis. but then 4.0 in cryostatis is optional so stick with a 3.0 gfx card

no I dont have cryostatis but I have played the demo which was fantasitic, but my system cant cope with that game the detail is too great for my little GTS 250.

It cannot be compared to crysis in my opinion becuase they are two very different games we can only compare them by framerate.

I got it from a pc zone dvd. Im subscribed to them you see, but you can find the demo at some download sites. try gameshell, gamespot

I have cryostasis. its very pretty but i think crysis still has the edge, in the number and variety of textures used. As a pose to frozen steel, frozen rock, frozen water ect :)

The physx is very very impressive though. snowflakes blowing around, blizzards ect.

Cryostasis is a shoddy port IMO. It runs like crap on most high-end rigs that can rip through better-looking (IMO) games like CoJ2 and Crysis.Just look at HardOCP's Performance and Image Quality article on the game for proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back