GPU's fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
it should run all the time, when the GPU is not bieng taxed (at idle( it usaully will run at a diminished capacity like 4-20%, but yes it should always be running.

i've been advised to go for manual gpu's speed control through CCC,which i did.i increased it up to 100%.problem is there'isnt any response reaction from gpu's fan.it seems to be dead a bit...

well,the problem is that there's only 6 pin connector on the gpu(hd 4850).psu supplies with different cords.there are 2's 6 pin connectors,one of them has 2 pin connector attached but theres'int any slot for 2pin connector on the gpu.i'm just wondering if this video card supposed to have 2 pin slot anyway?

there are 6 pin connectors, and 6+2 pin connectors. the 6+2 are for cards that need an 8 pin power connector. its in two pieces for flexibility. all you have to do is plug in the 6 pin plug portion on the 4850

pcie6plus2.jpg

6to8pinpcie02.jpg

the 6+2 are for cards like this that need 8 pin power connector

this is the 2 pin fan connection i was saying to check, see the two wire lead from the GPU fan that plugs into the PCB?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Image...x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back