TechSpot

GPU's fan

By xwarriorx
Nov 13, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. if that's supposed to be working all the time? i mean when system/windows starts up and all?

2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,897   +88

it should run all the time, when the GPU is not bieng taxed (at idle( it usaully will run at a diminished capacity like 4-20%, but yes it should always be running.

3. xwarriorx

xwarriorx TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 39

well,it's not running.it's probably been like that since 2-3rd week of me getting a grip on the computer.

4. xwarriorx

i've been advised to go for manual gpu's speed control through CCC,which i did.i increased it up to 100%.problem is there'isnt any response reaction from gpu's fan.it seems to be dead a bit...

5. xwarriorx

gpu fan's display in CCC isn't showing any numbers or % as well.

6. red1776

check the 2 pin fan power connector on the card and make sure its seated all the way

7. xwarriorx

well,the problem is that there's only 6 pin connector on the gpu(hd 4850).psu supplies with different cords.there are 2's 6 pin connectors,one of them has 2 pin connector attached but theres'int any slot for 2pin connector on the gpu.i'm just wondering if this video card supposed to have 2 pin slot anyway?

8. red1776

there are 6 pin connectors, and 6+2 pin connectors. the 6+2 are for cards that need an 8 pin power connector. its in two pieces for flexibility. all you have to do is plug in the 6 pin plug portion on the 4850

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the 6+2 are for cards like this that need 8 pin power connector

this is the 2 pin fan connection i was saying to check, see the two wire lead from the GPU fan that plugs into the PCB?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Image...x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.