Gran Turismo 6 gets official, heading to the PlayStation 3 this winter

By Shawn Knight
May 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Gran Turismo 6 is now official as the hit franchise will be racing onto the PlayStation 3 later this year. Versions for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita have not been announced although we fully expect Polyphony Digital to bring...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,114   +732

Too bad I dont have a PS3. I loved this game on PSP. Real Racing on mobile is basically the same though.
  3. psycros

psycros TechSpot Booster Posts: 616   +185

Wonder how many cash store upgrades it'll take to get a car that can win? Wonder how easy it'll be to get one that never *loses*?
    Arris likes this.
  4. avoidz

avoidz TechSpot Maniac Posts: 452   +53

Do they have car damage yet in this series?
  5. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

All the GT games are pretty easy... just find an easy race which gives lots of credits and replay it a few times.
  6. davislane1

davislane1 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 869   +285

Never played Gran Turismo, have you?

They introduced a not-even-half-baked form of damage modeling in GT5. To be frank, it was extremely disappointing considering the product that PD usually puts out. Not that it matters, of course. Most people turn it off because they can't drive. As some guy put it to me in a lobby once, "who wants to see their car all messed up?"

Given that failure, the deceptive marketing, and the two libraries of vehicles (premium and standard) that distinguished GT5, I won't be holding my breath on the sixth title. If it's anything like 5 I'll wait for it in the bargain bin.

Edit: Also, the premise of this article is wrong. Winter is when they will officially push the release date to the following summer. Standard M.O. for Polyphony Digital.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.